Wednesday, August 11, 2004

WELCOME

Welcome to my blog about investing and the economy. Let me introduce myself. I am not a professional investor. However, I do take investing seriously and I have been successful in making money in the stock market. I have had some losses too! On whole, I am up.

I have an MBA from a school in Boston. I sell real estate in Boston. Before real estate, I was a financial analyst for a consulting company based in Boston. My job for the consulting company was good and safe. I just felt caged. I had to leave for my own good.

So, what is this blog about? Well, it will probably change from time to time but the basic idea will be simple.

1) Discuss investing ideas
2) Discuss business topics
3) Make money in the capital markets

Thank you for joining me. I look forward to sharing this "real time" stock idea diary with you!




4 comments:

jwk said...

I don't believe theorizing about a bubble bursting in the housing market is a good idea. All it does is create news and infect people with negative prognostications that have no basis. The simple fact is that there is an inadequate supply of housing, almost nationwide and interest rates are at extremely low levels. Why should there be any bursting. Our economy provides supply whenever there is demand for product. The only barrier to that are those people who stand in the way of the free market system. That is what causes bubbles.

The pin that pricks the bubble can be declining corporate sales resulting in growing joblessness and falling incomes or other economic conditions that force droves of buyers to leave the market and send home prices plummeting.

This is not day trading. The life of a real estate investment is not measured in days, weeks or months, but in years. And, understanding this, a smart investor hangs in there. The trick is to make sure you don't overextend, that you have enough resources to sustain the investment through the lean times.

BobsAdvice said...

Good luck with the blog. I see that you have linked to me at Bob's Advice and I am certainly flattered. I will try to get a link to your weblog as soon as possible as well! It is always interesting to look at stocks and discuss them without necessarily trying to sell anything at all. Keep up the good work and I look forward to your future posts!

Bob

jwk said...

Thanks for the compliment!

Anonymous said...

Would you ever consider expanding your writing into another forum? We're staring an ad-revenue shared blog area on Zecco specifically for financial bloggers with sound insights and wanted to see if you might be interested. If so would you drop me an email at trish.telesco@Zecco.net? Thank you for your time