Thursday, September 23, 2004

a story about foxes

Someone asked me what the Market was going to do the other day.
I replied, "I don't know. I am not smart enough to predict the Market. I just follow where the group is going."
The person said to me, "Oh, so you are a sheep!?"
I was a little taken aback by the comment but said, "Yeah, I guess."

Later in the day I was thinking about my dialogue with the person and became concerned. Hey, I don't want to be a sheep, they usually get slaughtered at the end of the story. No? Also, that is not really my whole investing philosophy. True, I follow the trend. I don't decide what or when or how long the trend will last. I get in and get out. My number one priority is DON"T GET SLAUGHTERED!

So, if I could go back to the conversation that I was having with the person, I would say, "Well, I may look like a sheep but I am not one. Come here and take a closer look. See my teeth. See the blood stains? Feel my fur. Its not wooly. Is it? I am actually a fox disguised as a sheep. Pretty sneaky huh?"

I would like to make a change to the old Wall Street adage about Bulls, Bears, Sheep and Pigs. Lets add Foxes to the group, but don't tell anyone...

As ever,

JWK

After some thought, lets cut the BS. If I am going into the capital markets, I would rather be a shark. They are quick, efficient and kill their prey.

No comments: