Thursday, April 28, 2005

I am short on apples!!!


AAPL 4/27/2005

A good buddy of mine just bought an iPod. He is pretty tech savvy but not one to buy into fads. So when I saw him go out and buy one of these memory machines, I knew that the iPod must be "mainstream." So, what does Apple have up its sleeve now? Some kind of new computer called the Tiger? I actually don't know and you probably are correct in telling me to shut-up. However, do you remember when AAPL was a computer company (only), before the iPod? Do you remember what the stock was trading at? $13-14 a share. So, now that the iPod run is over, AAPL is back to computers. I wonder where the stock price will go?

I shorted this at $36.55. So, I don't think this sucker is going up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually, Tiger is software. It's an operating system. It would be the same as Microsoft's Windows. This is one thing that I think Dell, Gateway, IBM and other box makers are missing out on. The money is in software. Not trying to wiggle fewer and fewer pennies out of making a box. Take the money away from Microsoft. That's Apple's approach. As soon as the other computer makers catch on, Microsoft will see a pinch.