Tuesday, January 10, 2006

AA missed earnings , 11000K - wow!

We all know that AA missed earnings yesterday. Instinctively I thought about shorting the stock. After reading the news I am leery about that idea. If aluminum prices were going down then I would be more likely to short. However, this is company specific. Too much uncertainty here. The stock will probably go sideways or back up again. Anyway, I do not have enough conviction to do anything now.

BA had another down day. I am holding my short position on this one still. Yesterday the stock closed below the 50 day EMA, a major support area.

Semiconductors have been moving up at a pretty fast clip. I am sniffing around AMAT. I have been burned on this industry in the last couple years. The cycle is not as well defined as it has been in the past.

CAT continued it run. Lets continue watching for any weakness.

No comments: