Monday, October 11, 2004

10/11/200 - Notes

A.M. NOTES

I just finnished a book by Andy Kessler entitled, Running Money. It was a good read. I recommend it to anybody interested in the market and business. There were many ideas and stories that interested me in the book. One thought in particular stuck out. It is a long quote but important. So read...

"Those 'families with substantial assets' had wealth, but it wasn't static. Every generation it shrank unless they chased returns. No rest for the weary. But they don't like risk. Well, too bad. I think what I learned is that wealth comes not just from taking risk but from constantly taking risks."

So if you think you can buy Coke and Merck and go golfing everyday, think again. Making money is not that easy. You must develop a system, pay attention, and be disciplined to succeed. Also, you must think for yourself.


No comments: