Thursday, March 03, 2005

03/03/2005 - Oil and Coal

Hello and thank you for joining me again. It has been a while since I last updated my blog. The reason is the confluence of being away and also not really having anything germane to say about the market.

OK, February was a pretty good month for me but not for the S&P 500 Index Fund (SPY). The SPY returned -0.20%. I am happy to say that I was up about 12% for the month of February. I attribute that gain all to energy stocks in my portfolio. Exxon, Petrochina, Foundation Coal and Enterprise Products have all performed well in February. These companies are in natural gas, oil and coal businesses. As I said earlier, I am not going to toy around too much with these holding now.

I still have some cash to invest so I will be looking for some ideas.

Glad to be back!

No comments: