Monday, January 08, 2007

The Disciplined Trader (TDT)

I started reading The Disciplined Trader by Mark Douglas. Here are some interesting notes that I took:
  • Traders that have been successful state that they did not become that way until they learned self-discipline, emotional control, and the ability to change their minds to flow with the markets.
  • Don't expect to become a successful trader if you have limited capital or if you are trading with money you can't lose.
  • Don't be affected by the "big trade" mentality. (take small wins)
  • None of us has the mental capacity to be aware of everything going on in the environment at once.
  • The more I followed my rules the more I trusted myself.
  • It is critical to have an organized, systematic, step by step approach to learn the mental skills necessary to accumulate wealth as a trader.
  • Trading systems limit the scope of market behavior, and therefore make this activity a little easier for our minds to manage.
  • The trading arena is never ending, that begins only when one decides to participate, that ends only when one has had enough.

No comments: