Friday, December 17, 2004

12/17/2004 - OSIP UPDATE up 46%

You won't believe this one. Keep in mind that I sold OSIP yesterday. Well, I come into my office today, turn on the computer, check out my quotes and notice that OSIP is up $22.00. So it is trading around $69.00. My stomach fell about three feet. Needless to say I have a mix of feelings. The news that came out could have been bad, and the stock could have fell $22.00. So, you win some you lose some, but you keep on fighting.

What gets me is that this happened less than 24 hours after I sold. It is almost like a mean joke. So, I am not doing anything today. No matter what I do, I can't change what happened. I followed my plan and protected my capital. Time to move on. The fox is alive and well!

The day has ended and all is well. It is 4:38PM in Boston and I had the day to think about what happened. I just want to express what I was feeling because I almost did some stupid things. When I saw this event unfold today I wanted to stop time. I wanted to fix things so that I would win. These feelings are dangerous. They make you put on stupid trades, hoping for some kind of revenge. The best thing you can do is breath deeply and gather your compsure. Remind yourself that this is not a game for kicks and thrills. You can do serious damage if you are not careful. You have to live to fight another day.

No comments: