Wednesday, December 22, 2004

12/22/2004 - I Want Coal for Xmas!

First, please let me know if you have any problems with my web page. I have been trying to make it easier to read.

OK, I have been looking for some ideas but can't really see anything going on out there. I have been thinking about one thing. Lets face it we are no longer in the "Internet Boom." That pretty obvious I know. We are however in an "Energy Boom." Energy stock IPOs have been coming off Wall Street with no great fanfare, which is how I like it. These boring little companies have been slowly moving north. Two companies in particular.

Enterprise Products Partners LP (EPD) and Foundation Coal Holdings Inc (FCL) are two recent IPOs that you could have bought below the offering price. EPD boasts a yield of 6.39% currently! These two stocks won't provide the excitement of an OSIP but then again I can do without that for now. I like these two companies not because of technical readings but because we are in an "Energy Boom" and I like the space they occupy.

I am going to keep on the lookout for more Energy related IPOs by big, well-known investment houses. It's not a sexy idea but if it makes me money, who cares?








No comments: