Monday, January 10, 2005

01/10/2005 - AM Notes -first SEC "crackdown"

Good Morning Vietnam! I did a little reading this weekend but not as much as I had hoped. I did look at Barron's. I am amazed by the mentioning of the blogs in Barron's over the past weeks. The community of investing blogs is rather small but I have a feeling that this number will increase exponentially. I also look forward to the first SEC "crackdown" because some nincompoop who works for a major investment house decided to share ideas about his trading account. I can see the headline now: "SEC Probes Investing Blogs."

I have pulled in my horns a bit over the last week. I am waiting and posturing for my next move. I don't plan on putting my money in an Index fund. I remember reading a passage in Running Money By Andy Kessler.

"Those 'families with substantial assets' had wealth, but it wasn't static. Every generation it shrank unless they chased returns. No rest for the weary. But they don't like risk. Well, too bad. I think what I learned is that wealth comes not just from taking risk but from constantly taking risks."

I will continued to "chase returns!" I just hope that I catch them. ;)

Cheers,
Jeff




No comments: