Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Fed Minutes Suggest It Won't Pause (WSJ)

In case you did not notice, the title of my headline was plagiarized from the Wall Street Journal. Why did I do this? Two reasons:

1) I wanted to remind myself not to simply parrot what other news sources are saying. A blog is suppose to be original. It is suppose to add value by sharing personal experiences. If you find that you are simply reading news that is being passed on through this blog, write me a nasty email and let me know.

2) The second reason has to do with perception. The Market moves on perception. Once something is in writing, it is old news. When we trade, we are trading perceptions. We are trading people, as stated in the book, Tools and Tactics for the Master DayTrader: Battle-Tested Techniques for Day, Swing, and Position Traders by Oliver Velez, Greg Capra. Traders and investors are perceiving what may happen by headlines. It seems scary. Putting your money into a perception. Capitalism at its best!

How is J.Jill doing? It is at about $15.06. I still have my stop at $14.76. Retailers are a funny group. Basically what's in fashion goes up and the opposite is true too. It's that simple. I don't trust J.Jill. I am ready to sell anytime.





No comments: