Tuesday, January 18, 2005

01/18/2005 - WOW! It is cold here!


1/18/2005

Good morning to all! I hope you all had a nice long weekend. I know some of you worked too. It is quite cold here in Boston and the Northeast. This bodes well for energy.

- the January NY Empire State index, which fell to 20.08 from a revised 27.07 read in December... While this month's figure was weaker than economists' forecasts of 25.0, the data are still suggestive of an expanding manufacturing sector as any reading over zero reflects growth...

BA, EPD and FCL are all up this AM. I am watching BA closely. In hindsite, I think I should have waited for BA to trend rather than range. Take a look at the BA chart Vs. the EPD chart. Look at the difference! I want EPD stocks. Who wouldn't? Although, I am sure BA won't be going out of business soon, it takes more energy and concentration to make money in a BA situation than an EPD. I know, I know - easier said than done...

PM Notes

The market had a nice day. BA was up $0.97 today.

- Positive remarks from Lehman Brothers regarding increased deliveries of commercial aircraft have helped Boeing.

I continue being long BA.


"The most dangerous moment comes with victory." Napoleon Bonaparte (1769 - 1821)



No comments: