Tuesday, January 11, 2005

01/11/2005 - December Wrap Up

December was an anemic month for my portfolio. I was up about 0.43%, which is pretty poor actually. At least I know who to blame for the pisspoor performance, me. The S&P Spiders (SPY) were up about 2.29% (does not include dividends reinvested, that would really skew the returns. I don't have the dividends coming in like the S&P 500. I feel this is a closer measure of performance.).

I lost some money on the OSIP trade. I still laugh at that one. Otherwise, I have been just plugging along.

Since I began "keeping score" back in July, I am up 7.03% between the 7/31 - 12/31/2004 time period. The SPY was up 9.56% for the same time period. If I did not enjoy the stock market so much I would probably put my account into an idex fund or something of that ilk. I do believe I will catch returns. You can't give up.

No comments: